Proper and adequate hair care will ultimately lead to 100% positive results and guaranteed for your hair health and scalp. Although genetics plays a major role in the health of your hair, your diet, weather conditions, pollution, and your general approach to caring for your hair are all important to maintaining healthy and shiny hair. So, below, let’s find out how a healthy diet and proper care for your hair can protect it from damage.
Haircare methods- best ways to get healthier and shiny hair
1. Eat enough protein
A good diet is an important factor in positively affecting the health of hair and scalp. Hair primarily consists of protein, so be sure to eat at least 45 grams of protein a day. Good sources of protein include:
- Lean meat.
- Low-fat dairy products.
Knowing that diets that contain an insufficient percentage of protein can lead to weak hair and make it brittle and even lose hair color, as well as hair loss itself.
You should read
2. Zinc for hair – Don’t forget to include zinc in your food for hair and body care
Zinc deficiency can cause hair loss. Therefore, for hair care, incorporate nuts such as Brazilian nuts, nuts, pecans, cashews, almonds, and walnuts into your diet to combat hair problems. Zinc is also available in:
- Sesame seeds
- Whole Grains
- Some Vegetables
- Dark Chocolate
- Zinc supplements can boost your diet when necessary.
3. Omega 3 for the health of your hair
Increasing your intake of omega-3 fatty acids is one of the most important ways to care for hair, because it may stimulate hair follicles and sebaceous glands. While these acids will not cause your hair to grow, they may improve the health of the scalp.
Omega-3 fatty acids are found in cold-water fish, such as salmon, sardines, herring, and mackerel. Other good sources include:
- Chia seeds
- Cod liver oil
4. Learn about the nature of your hair
There are a lot of conflicting opinions about how often to use shampoo for your hair. But this is ultimately due to your personal preferences and individual needs, which depend on:
- Your hair type and texture.
- How often do you use hair products?
- Your activity level.
- For example, people with oily hair may need to use shampoo every day, while people with dry hair may need to use shampoo less often.
5. Choose the right shampoo
Incorrect shampooing can cause major damage to the hair. So look for products that are right for your hair type – oily, natural, or dry – and target any problems with it, such as dandruff.
And try to avoid shampoo with harsh ingredients, such as ammonium lauryl sulfate or sodium lauryl sulfate because it does not help you take proper care of hair. Remember that the cost of the product does not necessarily indicate its quality.
6. Get a good conditioner for your hair
Using a good conditioner after shampooing – as one of your hair care routine steps – is an important way to keep your hair soft and shiny. You can choose a separate conditioner or shampoo combined with conditioner.
The best way to spread conditioner to your hair is by combing it to spread it evenly across the hair. Then, leave it in your hair for 2-3 minutes before rinsing.
And just like washing hair, not everyone needs to use conditioner every time they wash their hair. Therefore, finally, choose what is appropriate for the nature of your hair.
7. Wash hair moderately
Experts note that many people have incorrectly used excessive shampoo or conditioner. Therefore, the standard rules for washing hair are:
- Do not wash your hair more than once a day.
- Use just enough shampoo to cover your hair.
- Avoid using hot or very cold water on the hair.
- Treat hair gently when wet – in this case, it is three times more likely to break.
- Do not rub excessively wet hair with a towel.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle it, but do not brush or brush it frequently.
You should read
8. Tips for hair care and repairing the damage to the hair
Consider these tips to take care of the right hair :
1. When using an iron or hairdryer, start with the lowest temperature until the hair dries and gradually increase the heat as needed.
2. Allow your hair to breathe dry air whenever possible, and do not cover it all the time.
3. You can change where you place pins and pens so that using them in the same places does not break down the hair.
4. If you want to dye your hair, choose one of the three closest colors to your natural hair color.
5. Massage the scalp often to promote hair growth and increase blood circulation.
6. Cut your hair regularly – every 10 to 12 weeks – to keep hair healthy and to prevent split ends.
9. Avoid the following habits for hair care
Using excessive shampoo, improper hair treatments, excessive styling, and brush products and hair will greatly affect the health of your hair.
However, there are other perpetrators who negatively affect your hair and they are:
- Excessive alcohol consumption.
- Diets that depend on your consumption of low-calorie foods and severe diet
- Low thyroid hormone.
- Excessive stress.
- Blood thinners or anticoagulants.
- Some medications are prescribed for heart problems, depression, high blood pressure, and arthritis.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.